Monday, November 7, 2011

nora's nursery {revealed}

i wanted nora's nursery to be a reflection of who we are style-wise as a family, and for it to transition to a big girl room easily. i don't really know what you'd call our style...modern eclectic...i'm not sure...if you figure it out, leave me a comment letting me know :). we love the clean masculine lines of modern furniture, yet, we love the look of the feminine quilted bedding. this room used to be the guest room. we didn't want to repaint it, so we had to make sure everything would go with the wall color...and since the color is so dark, i wanted to have all white furniture...however, we found this davinci babyletto 3-in-1 crib and changing table for a steal on craigslist...we knew we liked it because we have the same set for jude in all espresso...the white adds a bit of brightness and girliness that this room needed. as i mentioned weeks ago, the bedding is the pottery barn "chloe" bedding that i purchased off ebay. we had the floor lamps in the guest room and decided to keep them in there. the ikea poang rocker was a gift from my sweet in-laws. it will transition to another room nicely once my kiddos are too big to rock (sigh...).  






 i also made the bird art on the opposite wall. an easy project that consisted of an old mirror frame from goodwill that i got for only $2.00, white spray paint, jute twine, cardboard, and scrapbook paper. the only cost to me was the paint and frame...affordable and cute! i wish i could say i came up with it, but i didn't. i "borrowed" the idea from here after seeing it on pinterest.

 the adorable mobile was a gift from our family friend...a very talented college freshman who handmade those sweet birdies just for nora. i.love.it!

the collage of pictures was a project! it took a couple of weeks to put it together, but i love the way it turned out. there will be another post of the upclose pictures so you can see the craftiness. it was super easy to do, but time consuming! all but three of the art pieces were made by me, so i was busy.

if you remember the doll cradle my love was spray painting white for me, it now holds memories from my childhood. i saved those particular dolls and stuffed animals in case i had a daughter some day...i hope she enjoys them as much as i did. (the horse and cabbage patch doll dress were handmade by my grandmother)

new dolls and stuffed animals for her to call her own. the little doll in the middle was a gift from a family friend all the way from germany. it's adorable. my sweetie grew up in indiana, so he supports the colts. he went on a week long trip back in september and brought back the cute dog in colts attire for her. and if you remember my $2.86 pillow purchased from target...it all fits together nicely in her comfy crib (don't worry, all of these things will be taken out once she sleeps in there.)

i hope you enjoyed your tour of my little sweet pea's room. there are a few more things we'd like to add later, like a dollhouse bookshelf (if we can find one we like), and curtains, but for now i'm super happy with how it turned out. what do you think?

17 comments:

  1. I love it to pieces, but you already know that. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable!!! the room looks fabulous and i am so impressed with your craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An adorable room filled with
    delightful- visible evidence of the tenderness & love first this prescious gift from God.
    Touches my heart that you saved
    Special toys "just in case" for yours someday daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful. Love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it! the bird mobile is perfect- everything looks so great together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful room! Love all of the handmade pieces

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Nora's nursery!! I love all the birdie accents and the gray walls! I featured it today!

    http://craptastickatie.blogspot.com/2011/11/five-feature-friday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from Craptastic - love the nursery! I was admiring that same pin with the framed birds & considering something similar for our nursery - yours is super cute. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so welcome for the feature! I can't remember exactly which party I found you at, but it was through a linky party! Be sure to let me know if you try the owl ornaments! ;) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I LOVE the birdies in the frame. I just found you from Making the World Cuter. I'd love for you to share this at my monthly linky on Dec 6th. Tuesday Nursery is first Tuesday each month. Have a great weekend! Nan
    PlayfulDecor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet room. I love the style and color of the room, great job..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks beautiful! And I love the use of the picture frames for the hanging birds, so sweet and simple!

    Coming over from: http://chasing2monkeys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julie,

    Any idea where i can get the template for the BIRD images int that frame?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i actually just freehanded one bird then traced the others from it. sorry! i'm sure there are clip-art bird images that could be printed and traced.

      Delete

thanks for leaving me a comment. i can't begin to tell you how much your words mean to me!