Friday, November 11, 2011

a birth story

five am came very early on october 12th...especially since i hadn't gone to bed until sometime after one due to my procrastination of packing my hospital bag...excitement and anxiousness had overtaken me. before leaving to meet our new little one, i slowly opened the door of the room that rests across the hall from my own. i touched the head of my twenty-two month old baby that was nestled safely in his crib, gripping his balled up blankie like a stuffed toy, dreaming of who knows what...maybe dinosaurs or trains...or playing ball with daddy or dancing and singing with mommy...this was the last time in our home as a family of three...

{just waiting on little girl to arrive}

my sweetie and i got in the car and traveled to the hospital...weathering the downpour...when we finally arrived...we filled out the normal hospital paperwork...moved right along to the third floor...labor and delivery...

{our attempt at a before picture...taken by my hubby}

don't judge, but i was there to be induced...not for medical reasons, but simply because i wanted to have things planned out. my labor with jude was a difficult one...23 hours from the time my water broke until we saw his full head of black hair...those hours included about 2 or more hours of pushing...i can't really remember because i was simply exhausted...i also wanted to make sure my little guy was cared for properly while we stayed at the hospital...so, we prayed about it, and planned our delivery...


{my love...waiting with me}

after my wonderful nurse...who also happened to be the nurse we had with jude...attached the monitor's to my belly, we found out i was already in labor! what a blessing...what i thought were braxton hicks, were actual contractions...


{pouty lips already}

we tried to rest while we waited, but we were filled with the anticipation of meeting our baby girl...besides, how much rest can you really get with monitors hooked up to your belly and a blood pressure cuff squeezing your arm every 15 minutes...i tried reading my bible, but my mind wandered...what would this delivery be like...so far it's been easy, but could it really be this easy the whole time...what would nora be like...would she have hair...who will she look like...



{holding daddy's finger for the first time...daddy's already smitten and wrapped around hers}

by ten am, the anesthesiologist had come in to give me my glorious epidural...
we waited some more...called to check on little man...
by noon, my sweet doctor came to check on me...she broke my water, and we waited some more.


{first picture together minus big brother}

we waited until sometime after 3. my nurse came to check me, and said whoa don't do anything, don't push! she immediately called the doctor who came right over from her office.

{beautiful nora}

everything moved so quickly...i only had to push like 4 or 5 times...
and by 3:42pm, we heard her first cry...and i held her for the first time and fell in love all over again.

{mommy and nora}

how can anyone deny the Creator, the maker of miracles, after experiencing a pregnancy and birth?
it's miraculous. despite the aches and pains that go along with it, it's magnificently joyous.

{big brother meeting little sister for the first time}

{every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. - james 1:17}

linking up with:

4 comments:

  1. We thank the creator for this creation.With tear eyes I thank you for sharing your heart so tenderly. We thank you for the blessing you have been and are as a part of our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos. Especially the pre birth portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love.

    Birth is such a glorious and beautiful event. You've documented your sweet Nora's so lovingly. I was blessed to read it -- and I must admit -- got a bit teary eyed.

    Thank you for linking up and blessing me with the honor of reading this birth story.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving me a comment. i can't begin to tell you how much your words mean to me!