Thursday, September 22, 2011

she has a name...

we finally decided on a name. 
we've loved the name nora since i was pregnant with jude. 
haddie is a family name, coming from my dad's grandma...
so, my great grandma (whom i've never met).

nora is latin and means {woman of honor}
i pray my daughter is this...an honorable woman of God.

haddie is hebrew and means {myrtle tree}
i found this scripture that talks about the myrtle tree being apart of an everlasting sign of the name of the Lord. 

{for you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle; and it shall make a name for the LORD, an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.  -isaiah 55:12-13}

and this one that talks about it as a sign that God hasn't forsaken his people.

{When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue is parched with thirst, I the LORD will answer them; I the God of Israel will not forsake them. I will open rivers on the bare heights, and fountains in the midst of the valleys. I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water. I will put in the wilderness the cedar, the acacia, the myrtle, and the olive. I will set in the desert the cypress, the plane and the pine together, that they may see and know, may consider and understand together, that the hand of the LORD has done this, the Holy One of Israel has created it. -isaiah 41:17-20}

we are so excited about actually naming her, which definitely makes the changes that have occurred and that are coming more real. 
we love our beloved nora and can't wait to meet her in only a few weeks!

4 comments:

  1. such a beautiful name, with such a beautiful meaning! i love the family significance and the scriptural references! looking forward to meeting this little one soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I absolutely love her name. When I read what it meant, I got chills. I think i'ts perfect! May Nora Haddie truly grow up to be a woman who honors God, and brings honor to others. May walk in Joy and go forth in peace all of her days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stopping by from Carissa's blog. I love your daughter's name and how is have beautiful Biblical meaning. What a joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kinda random, but I saw a pic of Nora's nursery on Pinterest and clicked on the link because that is my daughter's name and then found your blog and started reading past entries. So, came across this one, and was interested in where you found the latin meaning of "nora." We only have read that it means "light" which is why we named our daughter Nora, but I love "woman of honor", that is awesome. Our daughter's name is Nora Cadence and she is almost 17 months old. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving me a comment. i can't begin to tell you how much your words mean to me!