Friday, August 19, 2011

barefoot in the rain

we haven't had much rain this summer,
so jude has never really experienced what it feels like to have the wet droplets tickle his skin.
{i normally run to the door holding him...i know, terrible me!}
we've had some downpours over the past two weeks in the late afternoons,
not everyday, just here and there...
it's so nice to hear the thunder and watch the heaven-sent shower bathe our freshly-cut grass.
what's even more fun to watch is a 20 month old experience
the sprinkle of liquid sunshine for the first time,
barefoot and splashing,
 all the while daddy stands close beside.

{please excuse the picture quality...rain is hard for my little canon powershot to capture}

he didn't want to come back in...
it's too much fun playing in the rain!



friday favorite things </P>
<P></P>
<P>finding joy

4 comments:

  1. LOVE his facial expression in that last one-- it completely captures his dislike, haha! he'll be seeing that picture again in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get lots and lots of rain and my 17 month old loves standing in it. I love his face in the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Playing in the rain is an absolute favorite in this house. I cannot even count how many umbrellas we've gone through in the years. Great pictures! The first ones remind me of some snow captures that we took last year. (and yes, yikes, i uttered the word snow.)

    Have a great week!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Aww, what a cutie! And these pictures look great, don't apologize!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving me a comment. i can't begin to tell you how much your words mean to me!