Monday, June 27, 2011

enjoying every moment

with baby girl on the way, i want to enjoy every moment with my sweet baby boy.
every smile and tear.
the sound of his laughter and the uttering of mama.
rubbing noses and butterfly kisses.
high fives and knuckles.
the delight of new discoveries...his eyes wide with wonder.
the reach for my hand for assurance.
blowing kisses night-night up the stairs.
one more song and rock, not caring if bedtime has passed.
reading the same book again and again, tucked away under my arm.
  every captivating brown-eyed stare.
every snuggle and squeeze.
every God-ordained, simply sweet, amazing blessing of a moment i want to enjoy and forever remember what it was like to be just me and my baby boy.

 
every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. -James 1:17

4 comments:

  1. Pure sweetness... Enjoy the one on one especially now. You need to frame that last picture like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures and such sweet words! Just stopped over from Carissa's blog - I am in love with the headband you "repurposed" for her! So creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your heart. Continue to enjoy these moments. Change is coming but will bring new blessings. Such great personality revealing photos. Love the one with Jude enthralled by the crab. The expression on your face is precious. James is one of my favorite books. These are good gifts from his hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm late in responding -- but, sigh, this post was lovely and spoke to my heart as a mother. The picture of the two of you -- so sweet and precious.

    They just grow so fast. Too fast. Keep embracing the day and the now and the joy and the beauty of childhood. Just like you are.

    Blessings to you.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving me a comment. i can't begin to tell you how much your words mean to me!