Wednesday, January 26, 2011

jumbo chocolate chip cookies

let me just say,
i love cookies and i love baking! 
put those two loves together, and we have some major weight gaining days on our hands!  i really like trying new recipes and lately, i've been a little obsessed infatuated devoted to this recipe...almost to the point that i should repent of being glutenous! 
i mean, do i really need to make cookies every weekend and eat every last one of them, too (not all in one day...over the course of a week, or couple of days...who's really counting)? 
and the answer to that question, my dear friends, is yes, yes i do! maybe i have to do a little extra exercising because of them...but i like to think of them as motivation for working out! :)

jumbo chocolate chip cookies
(from april 2007 issue of rachael ray magazine)
ingredients:
1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, chilled
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1¼ cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips (i use semi-sweet chocolate chunks! you should too!)

directions:
1.preheat the oven to 350°. using an electric mixer, beat the butter with the granulated and brown sugars until just combined and sandy (do not cream). mix in the egg until just combined, about 3 seconds. add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until just incorporated. mix in the chocolate chips. (seriously, do not overmix...it changes the consistency of the cookies)

2.on a large ungreased cookie sheet (i like to use parchment paper), drop heaping (i mean large, overflowing, heaping) tablespoonfuls of dough a few inches apart. bake until just golden around the edges, about 20 minutes (ok, i did the 20 minute time the first time i made these...it makes them crispy...i don't like crispy cookies...if you do, then do the full time...the last time i made these...which was on sunday, i only did 14 minutes...they came out perfect for me...soft and chewy!  however, they didn't look done but they were...so, play with the time to make them to your liking). transfer the cookie sheet to a rack to cool completely (i just pull the parchment right off the cookie sheet with the cookies on them onto the counter to cool).

3. enjoy with a glass of fat free milk!  do extra stomach crunches and lunges!


6 comments:

  1. Those cookies look very delicious especially with all that chocolate in every bite. Their large size means that much more to love. I've started a new linky on my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link this up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look a.maz.ing! I think I'm going to try that recipe! Thanks for sharing! :) M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice picture. I wish my pics turned out that nice. oh and the cookies look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My comments never show up...I don't think I know what I am doing :) But I am gonna try again. Those cookies look awesome! And I think I have said this before but Jude is just the cutest little guy! I love that our boys have the same name :) Hope you are well and I love checking in on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up to Sweets for a Saturday. I hope you'll be able to join me again.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving me a comment. i can't begin to tell you how much your words mean to me!