Friday, August 20, 2010

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes

i am by no means a vegetarian...one of my favorite foods is a big, juicy cheeseburger...but, my best friend's little one is allergic to eggs...and i love baking...not necessarily for myself and the hubs...i just love to bake and give it away...so, i went searching for an egg-less chocolate cupcake recipe, and what i found was bliss...i thought since it didn't have eggs, it wouldn't be "normal"...if that makes since...but, it was "normal" and great!  i really liked this cupcake, and will definitely keep the recipe for my cookbook! i also think it's great because sometimes i only have one egg left..or maybe i think, "i want eggs for breakfast tomorrow and don't feel like going to the store."  these are my new solution!
(fyi...the recipe says it makes 16...however, i was only able to get 14 out of it)

Mom's Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes 16

ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup oil
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon vinegar


mix all ingredients together until moist and well blended.
put in cupcake cups and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
cool completely before frosting.






 
i used whipped topping (dream whip...the box kind you add vanilla and milk to and beat it in your mixer) for my frosting...which made me think they were healthier, so i ate more than one!
hope you enjoy!

i'm linking up with these linky parties:




3 comments:

  1. That is very similar to my chocolate cake recipe! I love it! Yummmmmy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed them! They were yummy! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we loved them and so did the eggless eater!!! : ) thanks for thinking of him!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving me a comment. i can't begin to tell you how much your words mean to me!